Friday, May 3, 2013

Portobello Mushroom Pizza

This is one of my all time favorite lunch recipe. 

A little background for you guys, I mainly eat a Paleo diet style. (aka caveman diet). Basically if a caveman didn't eat it, either do you.  No processed food/drinks.  I hate (and I don't say hate very often) calling it a diet. It is not a diet, more of a lifestyle thing. Please read up on it and gain your own perspective of this lifestyle.  I saw amazing results without me exercising too much. I drink so much water now and I feel healthy. One day of the week, I'll cheat and usually pasta is on the menu for dinner. Spencer and I love our pasta.  I tried having candy for Easter.. ugh such a bad idea... My body was so used to the no added sugar thing that candy is now a thing of the past.  


I found this recipe in the Samsclub.com magazine (Jan/Feb 2012)  I ripped it out and never tried it until almost a year later. I am so glad I saved it. 

Ingredients:
1 portobello muschroom (about 3 oz), stem removed, wiped clean with a damp paper towel
Garlic Oil spray ( I used Pam)
1 tablespoon of low carb tomato sauce
2 tablespoons shredding mozzarella cheese. 

Directions:
1. Heat Oven to 425 F.  Spray both sides of the mushroom with oil and place on an aluminum foiled lined baking sheet. Bake for about 7-10 mins. Turn it about halfway through the cooking. 
2. Change the heat to a broil on low. Top concave side of the mushroom with tomato sauce and cheese. Please under broiler for one minute or until cheese has melts and bubbles. 

Nutritional Information:
Net Carbs - 4 grams
Total Carbs - 5 grams
Fiber - 1 gram
Protein - 5 grams
Fat - 3 grams
Calorie - 66

No comments:

Post a Comment