Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ham and Pineapple Crockpot recipe.



Yesterday was my husband had our first new parenting class.. OH BOY RIGHT!!! You should have seen my husband's face as we were in class.. Poor guy but better he gets the shocker now than later right????

For dinner last night since class was at six, I did a short crock pot recipe.. of course I always forget to take pictures.. Man.. what got to happen for me to REMEMBER... anywho! It was a great recipe and I still want to share it. 



I wish I could say I made it up myself... but I can't :( 

http://thefrugalgirls.com/2013/03/crockpot-ham-recipe.html


What You’ll Need:
  • Boneless Fully Cooked Ham {approx. 5 lbs.} ~ just  make sure it will fit in your crockpot! ;)
  • One 20 oz. Can of Crushed Pineapple or Pineapple Tidbits
  • 1.5 Cups Packed Brown Sugar
  • Crockpot
What You’ll Do:
  • Place ham in Crockpot.
  • Pour entire contents of pineapple can into crockpot, over ham.
  • Add brown sugar into crockpot {spread over ham}
  • Cook on high for 3 – 4 hours, or on low 7 – 8 hours {depending on size of ham} ~ don’t overcook!
  • Occasionally scoop up sauce mixture and pour over ham while cooking.
    Enjoy!
Since I was just feeding Spencer and I, I used a two pound ham rather than five. And cooked it on high for 2.5 hours and it was ready to go. AMAZING!!! And I love pineapple especially since it has been cooked in brown sugar... Yummy!!!!! 

Do you have any crockpot recipes that you love... 99.9% of my recipes always involve Chicken. I am trying to change things up a bit. 


No comments:

Post a Comment