Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Dutch Caramel Apple Pie

Dutch Caramel Apple Pie




Ingredients:

10 cups of Apple
1/2 cup of Sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon 



Optional:  Caramel bits and/or chopped Cashews 




1 cup of Flour
3/4 cup of Sugar (I know two sugars.. I'll explain below)
1/2 Stick of soften Margarine
Pie Shell (Deep dish)





Directions:

Preheat the Oven to 400 degrees, (at this time I usually pull out the pie crust and the stick of margarine so it softens. FYI I keep my crust in the freezer until I use it) 


Core, cut the apples.  I generally use a core slicer and from there take the peel off. It is easier for me. 

Mix the apples with the 1/2 cup of sugar and the cinnamon.  I would gradually add the cinnamon and the sugar.  If you going to use caramel bits and/or cashews you can add it now.  (I am sure there is a variety of things you can add besides cashews or caramel)  Pour in the pie crust. 

With your hands mix 1 cup of Flour, 3/4 cup of sugar and 1/2 stick of margarine until crumbly. Then put on top of the apple filling and pat it lightly. 




Since the juices tend to seep out of the pie, I HIGHLY recommend putting something to cover the cookie sheet with. Much easier to clean up and also once the crust gets golden brown, I will cover the crust to protect it from burning. 







ENJOY!!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment